New Addiction - Torn City

So, I have joined TornCity like... 51 days ago.

I was looking for a game that I can play in my office without it being too obvious that it is a game. The requirements:

  • It gotta not look too much like a game
  • I shouldn't need to stay for 2 minutes or 5 minutes for one game like most turn-based games
  • It should be relatively low-maintenance
  • It's gotta still be a game that I can play long-term
So I went searching for "Games that you can play at work" and I found Torn. I have a vague memory of my primary school friend Michelle telling me about that game, but the terms and gameplay was too complicated for my age at that time. I was probably busy playing on Barbie.com then.

Lovely reminders from Torn y'alls.
I decided to sign up for a new account and instantly, I got hooked. Damn, my friend wasn't kidding when she told me the game was good! I might have rediscovered it like 12 years or so after she told me about it, but I was immediately appreciating the game.

I liked it so much that I signed up for the Donator Pack - something I have never done for any other games. It was a free game, and it was maintained with donations. Why the hell not? No regrets. 

Faster energy regeneration, 50 points for the first donator pack I got before I got a monthly subscription - I used the points I got for a racing license immediately, and advanced search features. All was good and some of the stronger players were really helpful. Baldr for one, approached me when I was only a few days old to send me a forum link which I used to level up quickly after. 

When I reached level 15 - traveling became accessible, I started earning more, Baldr remembered me, and he contacted me again, this time with a guide on best practices for level 15 and above. Get a Private Island or rent one, and upgrade it with an airstrip. Life was good in Torn.

I tried getting monkey to play with me, because it was a fun game that I knew he'd enjoy. But my explanations about that game was not attractive enough and he didn't sign up for it.

Until I came across this level 4 player in my faction who was retrieving armors & weapons off other players who held on to it first. He was being an unreasonable internet troll who refused to listen and degraded the faction - War Gods, yalls are awesome by the way, when we tried to tell him not to retrieve other players' weapons, he soon left on his own.

We placed bounties on him and attacked him relentlessly afterwards. I told monkey about this player, and shortly after, he showed me his phone screen - the Torn beta app's sign up screen. 

Score!

He just started playing yesterday, and I loaded him up with Xanax which I can afford by now, to give him an extra boost while starting out. At day 1, he has managed to beat the level 4 player we talked about - partly due to Xanax, definitely. Sometimes when I get back from traveling I'd go to that player's profile and hospitalize him for a few hours as well.

Anyways, here's to another game that we can both enjoy and play. Meanwhile, any other active Torn players here? Not listing my ID, just in case y'alls find me and start attacking me or monkey XD

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a message for the TurKeys?