The Story Behind 'Pohmahtoe'

The Story Behind Pohmahtoe

It all started with Ask.fm and if you weren’t familiar with that website, it’s basically a site that lets you ask questions anonymously (or not) to anyone with an account there. You can share your Ask profile by sharing the URL on your social media, and you might get some questions. Sometimes you get ‘questions’ like ‘hi’ and ‘guess who?’ but other times you might get creepy or weird questions, so on and so forth.

When I have just added Monkey on Facebook, I just only barely knew him. He was a parkour coach at Sunway University, and all I knew was that he was 18 and he’s crazy with his parkour skills. Having the friend request accepted and his Facebook profile now stalka- ahem, viewable, I saw that he recently shared an ask.fm link.

I was free, unoccupied. So I clicked in and started sending him random questions and greetings; including things like:

“I’m gay and I like you.” – How to Misdirect 101
“Boobs or butts?” – Just because I can.
“You’re cute just accept the compliments” – Flirting with him before I even knew that’s a flirt
“Next time parkour activity take your shirt off” – He looks good, don’t judge
“Intro pretty parkour girls pls” – Sounding like a despo guy?
“Are you a top or bottom?” – He was too innocent to understand
“ICE CREAM OR CAKE QUICK QUICK QUICK” – Throwing him off balance

It was fun because he had no way of guessing who I was, even more so since I wasn’t really close with him either. I could just keep spamming question after question, which he seemed to be enjoying answering. The questions went on for about 2 days, and on the 2nd day I submitted an ask that told him to inbox me ‘I know who you are” if he ever figured out who I was. He would know he’s correct if I replied with ‘Pohmahtoe”.



The questions weren’t going anywhere without any hints of who I was though, so I gave him two hints. After some thoughts, I told him that I am a female, thinking that it shouldn’t be that much easier for him since there’s still a lot of females out there.

Turns out he doesn’t really talk to or interact with girls.

When I gave him the 2nd clue, which was that I am not very close with him yet, he immediately knew who I was, and the game was over. The game was too short! But there was nothing I could have done really, those hints were super generic in nature and I didn’t know that those two clues would lead him to me immediately.

He did though, and the Q&A session we had helped us bond a bit. We started talking more and more after that. I suppose that ask.fm profile share link on Facebook helped me get close to my man at the beginning, in a manner of speaking.

I found it amusing how in the 2nd clue I gave him, I left a remark sounding something like, “Just to clarify, due to the nature of some of my questions to you earlier, I do not have a crush on you.”


In hindsight, I probably spoke a bit too soon about that. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a message for the TurKeys?